Health care is changing, and it's our goal to create a new model to answer America's health care challenges today and in the future. Our passionate and talented teams will be the change on the health care landscape in our communities - big and small. If taking access and delivery from complex to easy, from costly to affordable and from unpredictable to reliable sounds interesting to you, we want to hear from you.
Process Engineering is a system based team within Care Management bringing in-depth knowledge and expertise in engineering, operations, and systems thinking with a focus on driving clinical quality, improving operational effectiveness, and transforming business.
As a Process Engineer Program Director , you will drive change through a unique combination of leadership, engineering, and systems thinking. In this position, you will not have direct reports, however, you will support all Banner Health clinical, operational, and business units with an emphasis on current strategic areas of focus.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position, in partnership administrative, medical and clinical leaders, provides oversight, leadership, and coordination in assessing, designing and implementing innovative patient safety, clinical and operational reliability strategies to improve clinical and operational performance system-wide and to support industry leadership. This position facilitates the design and implementation of consistent clinical and operational practices across the organization.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Leads clinical and operational design and/or specific process improvement work addressing clinical and operational performance and patient safety at the system, regional, and facility levels. Provides conclusions and recommendations to company leadership.
2. Leads the analysis and evaluation of clinical outcomes, financial and operational performance, and business planning related to specific improvements and design of new services. Ensures development and compliance with operating and capital budgets and achievement of financial performance.
3. Provides coordination and oversight of implementation of improvements with leadership, facility administration and the physician community.
4. Provide leadership for work process redesign and performance outcomes measures in targeted processes to reduce risk and eliminate failures in an attempt to failsafe the process. This includes incorporating processes of human factors engineering and systems design into the routine workflow to achieve consistency and high reliability.
5. Designs systems to monitor improvements to ensure performance is sustained and effective.
6. Develops high performance, customer service oriented teams. Performs as a change agent for the interfacing of care management and hospital operations by forecasting the impact of proposed changes, assisting in planning strategy, and implementation tactics. Establishes visibility and credibility and may lead and/or participate on assigned committees and teams. Supports an environment and infrastructure that promotes professional growth and development.
7. Position maintains accountabilities towards achieving system strategies and initiatives. Develops direction and vision for the organization's clinical and operational initiatives. Work performed is reportable to the Care Management and System Leadership.. Problems are complex in nature, requiring a advanced understanding of hospital operations and measures. Establishes and promotes teamwork and collaboration between individuals, departments, and the entire organization in the development of system-wide standards and targets. Customers are primarily internal (includes leaders and staff across the organization).
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative, industrial engineering, business or healthcare related field or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with seven plus years experience in healthcare operational/financial management, quality improvement, risk assessment, change management, and project/standardization work at multiple facilities.
Must possess the ability to apply quantitative and qualitative process improvement techniques and perform advanced data analysis. Must be proficient with one or more operating systems, spreadsheets, database managers, presentations programs, and word processors. Must demonstrate a record of leadership with effective communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills as well as ability to identify and meet customer needs in a team environment. Requires effective negotiation capabilities and ability lead in a highly matrixed environment.
Masters degree in a quantitative, industrial engineering, business or healthcare related field
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.