In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
The Enterprise Database Management team is responsible for the ongoing support and maintenance of SQL Server, Oracle, and DB2 database environments at Banner Health. Our team of Database professionals are determined to be relentlessly improving our database environments in using data to drive and streamline our processes. The Enterprise Database Management Team at Banner Health IT is looking for an eager IT Database Analyst. This role will be responsible for supporting a variety of SQL Server Database environments.
As an IT Database Analyst you will be constantly learning, adapting and paying attention to details. As a Database Analyst you take responsibility and ownership for work while being asked to configure and maintain database servers and processes, analyze; solve; and correct issues real time, and perform scheduled maintenance and support during release deployments. The schedule for this role is Monday-Friday 8am-5pm with an occasional On-Call rotation where you'll provide 24x7 support of our critical production systems. An ideal candidate would possess a Bachelor's Degree or related/past experience with proficiencies in project management, time management skills, multitasking abilities, and strong communications skills.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position participates in the maintenance of the technical database environment for the company's business systems. The incumbent works as part of a team directing and coordinating hardware and software system configurations. Incumbent is responsible for resolution of database problems and issues assuring solution is timely and of acceptable quality. The department is principally responsible for the efficient and effective management of the corporation's databases ensuring highly available, stable and recoverable databases with data integrity.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Defines, installs, coordinates, implements, and tests database backup and recovery methodology for each data server. Work with team to monitor database performance and identify then correct performance bottlenecks.
2. Provides day-to-day support and guidance in handling the daily schedule of department production jobs. Technically stable data dictionary, data security and application database environments through appropriate monitoring/control. Effective management support through the timely response to management staff problems and needs.
3. Investigates new technologies/products and healthcare industry trends in respect to their implications on the responsibilities of department through the effective use of continuing education programs, associations, and publications.
4. Participates in and provides information into the designs of technical standards and policies regarding data, imports, exports and general access to data.
5. Adheres to the development and maintenance standards for data usage, manage the physical space and placement requirements of data, compile and assimilate information about the characteristics, accessibility, and interdependence of data.
6. Evaluate project assignments and present time and cost estimates for database modifications, development or installations.
7. Provides information on feasibility studies, request for information/proposal (RFI/RFP) assembly, capital or operating budgets or other planning sessions.
8. This position participates in the technical stability of information technology database applications. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has minor level decision-making authority and works at peer level with across diverse areas and multiple states. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, strategic and planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions company wide.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.