Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. We've united under a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. It's a lofty goal, but it's one we're committed to seeing through. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Apply now
The East Valley HIMS Department for Banner Medical Group (BMG) performs Document Imaging functions and Quality Control processes for the electronic health record (EHR). The East Valley BMG team supports these processes for over 300 providers within 41 clinics.
This position will be located at Banner Baywood Medical Center in Mesa. This shift is a Tuesday- Saturday 7am-3:30pm including holidays.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the maintenance and preservation of confidential electronic health records. The position performs a variety of HIMS functions, including one or more of the following: record completion, transcription coordination, document imaging, release of information, and/or providing services and information to physicians and staff. May analyze the electronic medical records for quantitative and qualitative completion based on the facility's medical staff rules and regulations, company policy, and State, Federal and other regulatory agency requirements.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Conducts routine releases of health information in accordance with company policy and all state and federal laws.
2. Reviews and analyzes health information typically through the use of electronic health record tools for provider completion and record deficiencies in accordance with the Joint Commission, CMS, state licensing agencies, Medical Staff rules and regulations, and HIMS Department standards. Accurately maintains data related to deficiencies in the Electronic Medical Record.
3. Provide customer service and assistance related to HIMS departmental functions to patients, vendors, providers, ancillary staff, and other departments in person, over the telephone, through email, or by other means including coordinating birth registrations with State recording processes.
4. Performs the document imaging function as required, including scanning, Quality Control and Validation, to ensure scanned images are uploaded into the correct electronic health record visit and meet minimum productivity standards as defined.
5. Perform current and retrospective review of scanned documents as needed through the certification process in an effort to maintain the integrity and completeness of the Electronic Medical Record and meet minimum productivity standards as defined.
6. Perform a variety of other support functions including assistance with basic transcription issues and requests, providing training for Dragon/voice recognition applications, assisting patients with completion of portal enrollment, performing merges and combines in the EHR, answering telephones, and other duties as assigned by HIMS leadership.
7. Works under regular supervision using defined processes. Conducts problem solving using a learned expertise in regulations and medical record requirements. Has assigned responsibility within a department or clinic. Customers are physicians and office staff, nursing and ancillary staff.
Requires the knowledge of health information practices and principles as normally demonstrated through completion of one or more years of post-high school education in medical records and information systems OR high school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge and one or more years of experience working with medical records and/or health information management.
Requires the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats; requires ability to inspect, read, and analyze written material. Must be able to perform and work on multiple tasks and organize and prioritize work. Requires good judgment, initiative and problem-solving abilities, along with effective teamwork skills.
Requires strong technical skills in the use of software applications and databases. Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Is knowledgeable and proficient in accessing and utilizing all applicable EHR systems as well as other applications utilized by the HIMS department.
Current enrollment in the Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) Program. A background in the use of medical terminology for the assigned area is preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.