Medical Scribe AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
Will Be Responsible For:
Accompany physician into the patient examination room in order to transcribe a history and physical exam, and document accurately the physician’s encounter with the patient and others present.
List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician.
Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
Document any procedures performed by the physician.
Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times.
Adhere to all AHS and FHPG policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and management.
Effectively cope with typical job stress.
Document work processes as required.
Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
• Medical terminology.
• Recognition of physical exam process and ability to record exam details.
• Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new applications.
• Legible handwriting and ability to accurately record information.
• Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow.
• Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families.
• Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
• Must be able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation.
• High school diploma or equivalent
A Medical Scribe is there to accompany the physician into the patient examination room in order to transcribe a history and physical exam, and document accurately the physician’s encounter with the patient and others present.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.