Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The Banner Health Plan (HP) Sales Department is responsible for meeting sales targets and operational standards for all health plan products designated for sale.
As the HP Sales Coordinator, you will be responsible for providing sales support to the Sales Representatives.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner University Health Plans (BUHP) manage a variety of health plans. Our mission is to advance health and wellness through education, research and patient care. About Banner Health Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
POSITION SUMMARY Under the general direction of the Medicare Sales Manager the Sales Coordinator will serve as the coordinator and liaison in formulation and execution of projects and programs to assist the Health Plan Medicare Sales Department to foster corporate visibility, create a positive image of the organization and meet assigned sales and persistency targets. In addition the Sales Coordinator will collect, analyze and report data on current and prospective memberships.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Supports lead generation programs that include mailings, vendor management, lead list compilation and lead scrubbing. Processes returned mail including examination to determine mailing issues- researching correct addresses and re-mailing. Schedules and organizes department specific meetings.
2. Conducts beneficiary outreach and retention activities such as mailings, surveys and scheduling in person appointments.
3. Prepares Annual training materials for all down line entities including scanning, filing and general organization of contracts and ancillary documents. Conducts department audits of sales activities such as the application process and sales events. Disseminates reports to appropriate management staff and UAHP Executive Management team.
4. Tracks and reports broker enrollment applications; enters correspondence with agents and vendors, applications and Scope of Appointment Forms. Disseminates reports to appropriate management staff and HP Executive Management team. Accesses AHCCCS and CMS databases to confirm applicants eligibility to enroll.
5. Updates Policies/Procedures to remain in line with industry and CMS guidelines and maintains a strong working knowledge of department policies, health plan product benefit structure, CMS, Arizona administrative code, AHCCCS and related statutes.
6. Maintains inventory management of Sales materials including ordering, tracking, invoice preparation and organization of sales kits, promo items and other marketing collateral.
7. Tracks and analyzes project and outreach results/refer issues to appropriate HP staff.
8. Acts as liaison between the Sales Department and other UAHP departments as well as external brokerage partners. Collaborates as a team member through cooperation, willingness, flexibility and open, direct communication.
9. This position works under supervision, prioritizing data from multiple sources to provide quality care and support. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with staff at all levels throughout the organization.
Knowledge, skills and abilities as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree or in Marketing, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or other related field Excellent oral communication and English composition skills, as well as the ability to successfully work in fast paced, deadline-oriented environment; a strong attention to detail; the ability to make independent decisions and affect desired outcomes with minimum supervision.
The ability to prioritize, organize and complete several projects concurrently; ability to track data and prepare reports; ability to work with computer software, and data analysis. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain rapport and working relationships with all levels of employees and external brokerage partners.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Two years of experience in a managed care environment, or 4 years of experience in either healthcare management or project management or a related position or field are preferred. Two years of experience in program and/or project management are preferred. Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills are preferred; Sales/Marketing background is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R365
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.