DIRECTOR OF FINANCIAL CONTROL REPORTING Job Number: 00122435
Job Posting : Dec 6, 2018, 10:54:38 PM Closing Date : Dec 21, 2018, 5:59:00 AM Full-time A.M. P.M.
Posting Salary : COMPETITIVE
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
The Director of Financial Control Reporting oversees the complex financial transactions, forecasts, bank reconciliations, financial reporting, and other statistical reports. This position will be responsible for managing a team of financial professionals ensuring staff are trained to support finance system implementation and accuracy in data reporting. This position performs a lead role in the development and maintenance of all financial reports, Chart of Accounts, General Ledger and Fixed Assets function and reporting. Plays a principle lead in the development of accounting policies and procedures. Leads quality initiatives through monitors quality and service data and providing oversight and feedback on improvement.
Reports to the Executive Director of CCH Finance
· Oversees the complex financial transactions, forecasts, bank reconciliations, financial reporting, and other statistical reports
· Manges, mentors, and leads staff during finance system implementation, monthly and annual closures.
· Participates in the interviewing, hiring, training, and development of staff.
· Conducts performance evaluations and provides feedback; Makes recommendations for improvement, as needed.
· Provides support for analysis of operational and resource allocation decisions, as needed.
· Leads quality care initiative, monitor quality and service data and provide oversight and feedback on improvement.
· Oversees complex financial transactions, forecasts, bank reconciliations, financial reporting, and other statistical reports.
· Performs a key role in the development and maintenance of all financial reports which include Chart of Accounts, General Ledger, and Fixed Assets function and reporting.
· Acts as a resource and principle point of contact for external and internal auditors responding to inquiries made.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university
· Licensed or Registered in the State of Illinois as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
· Ten (10) years of accounting experience in the healthcare industry, hospital or healthcare system
· Five (5) years of financial management/accounting experience in the healthcare industry, hospital or healthcare system using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software (i.e. Oracle, Lawson, etc.) and Electronic Health Records (EHR) (i.e. Cerner)
· Five (5) years of experience using Patient Accounting Systems (i.e. Short Message Service (SMS), JD Edwards, Lawson, etc.)
· Four (4) years of supervisory or managerial experience
· Master's degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university
· Two (2) years of internal or external financial and healthcare regulations including payments and reimbursement trends
· Prior experience working with current and emerging financial and healthcare regulations including payments and reimbursement trends
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
· Extensive knowledge of contract terminology, rules and regulations regarding budgeting, purchasing expenditures, banking and audit requirements.
· Extensive knowledge of how accounting principles apply to government financial reporting, specifically with propriety fund accounting.
· Excellent Communication skills, both verbal and written to interact with all levels of hospital personnel and other external parties in frequent situations that are sensitive and/or significant to the Hospital.
· Managerial skills necessary to plan, organize, direct and control a critically important department and effectively delegate responsibilities to qualified subordinates.
· Extensive use and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
· Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
· Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question,
The Cook County Health & Hospitals System’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County. CCHHS is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCHHS is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.